Tuesday, September 5, 2017

The Joy of September

(Narration by Gentry)


The definition of Joy: A feeling of happiness and gladness. "A thing of beauty is a joy forever"



Awaiting the arrival of Shalana, My Mom. I told her I'd have tea - Surprised her with my cute presentation. This is why I love to collect china dishes.

Good morning it's Tuesday! Today we are sharing our dinner party from last week in my Mom's backyard. 

The menu was White Bean Soup (we call witches brew), fresh tomatoes from the garden as seen in the background of this pic, fresh fruits and vegetables along with a fabulous bread basket. When you sat down the options were endless to the left and right.


 The wood pieces featured in the 2 pictures above are mine. 2 years ago when my family went camping for Labor Day, I saw these unique logs with layered bark and I had an inspiration to take them home. Everyone thought I was a little crazy but who's laughing now. They are perfect display pieces!
 We always believe in candlelight and the little details matter. The black/white material draped over the old chair is to cover the original seat cushion that we don't really like. The mauve pink fabric was throwing our natural fall motif off. Our favorite table top covering is found in the painter section of our local hardware store and is usually called "Brown All-Purpose Masking Paper." Which makes for a perfect setting and an easy clean up. With kids this paper is fun to leave crayon on the table so they can color while they eat. (adults too!)

Candles are always an essential detail, they bring atmosphere to a dinner. I love lighting candles in my home, it can turn an ordinary night at home into a cozy or elegant evening.

 We're all about the ambience of light. Bring joy to others by hosting them at your home and sharing with them your favorite things. Bake a cake, hang lights, bring out your china or favorite dishes. Bring your special touch to the table, your guest will appreciate it. We know ours walked away happier and so did we.

We create better with music, just a little post-script today we listened to music from 1940's like Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Sammy Davis Jr and Bing Crosby. My kitties liked the social event at my house with my Mom. Join us next week, we will be sharing our love of Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment