Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Fall Festivities at Gentry's House

 My first time planting anything... and a first time home owner since December when we bought this cute house. I wake up everyday and water my plants because I have no sprinkler system. But I've come to enjoy this daily routine, it gets me out of bed and some sun on my skin. I would laugh when people asked why I was so tan and really it was because of weekly yard work.

 You all probably think I'm a crazy cat lady because my 2 cats manage to make it in almost every photo I take. Fox enjoying afternoons on the patio.
 I have an old fashion neighborhood where most residents have mail boxes by their doors. I am happy mine is there too. When we first moved in I replaced the old mail box with my own design. My door piece is a metal plaque with checked ribbon, burlap, lace, gold dipped feathers and a tin feather I found at a flea market.
 My pots have come back to life from the hot summer we had. I love to do my work outside on the patio.  


 This is my little house on the corner. A block from the main street bakery.
 I had an empty void on top of my kitchen cabinets (that need painting this winter) My house was built in 1897, so not much storage space or closets - had to get creative with all my seasonal dishes, cake plates, fine china and eclectic plethora.


A vertical photo collage in my living room next to the arch doorway.
 This is my seasonal change from Summer to Fall transition. I'm not quite ready for halloween yet. This is on top of a wardrobe in the kitchen area to store more of my eclectic dish plethora. The wardrobe was a lovely 70's wood stain from a 2nd hand store. I saw the vision - what a little paint can do!
Instead of a Fall Wreath, Consider a Basket of Wheat on your front door to welcome in the harvest of September to the Gratitude of Thanksgiving. It can stay on your door for the next 3 months, just change your ribbons from holiday to holiday, add black and orange for Halloween maybe with a little pumpkin or black cat. I'll be showing that in future post. Enjoy the rest of your week! Next Tuesday we will be working with Painter's Drop Cloth, one of our favorites!

1 comment: